Here is another poem from the point of view of my character Mitch inspired by the Addams Family theme tune. Hope you all like it and Happy Halloween to you all and yours. 🙂

The snacks were in the bowls,

decorations are up,

hope that witch won't fall just for the night,

the children were staring at the toffee apples

in their array of adorable costumes,

bats and ghosts galore,

 the Addams Family theme playing in the background

on the Halloween YouTube playlist,

I am looking for a movie later

while Nate is carrying out the last of the bowls from the kitchen,

the doorbell rings,

it could be trick or treaters but probably isn't,

we don't get many here,

more than likely it is the takeaway,

the one I learned last week how to order online,

when I see the person with the takeaway outside

I silently am relieved that it actually worked

but I sign for it and take it in like I do it all the time,

go back in where my vampire Nate helps his pirate

get the food ready,

the kids and their dads do the Addams Family dance

and we knock off the playlist for the night,

settle down with the food for the movie Spooky Buddies,

just a quiet, fun, perfect Halloween with my gang.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more