The first buzz of electricity after out power outage last week created a great surge of gratitude and I was so happy that I hugged my Keurig coffee maker. It brought back memories of the gratitude journal phase from decades ago and made me wonder if it had slowly faded away because of life or pessimistic pressure. My gratitude buzz took a big hit when I turned on the news after a few days absence and saw very little good news.

After a glorious weather weekend, I slowly inched my way through another humid week trying to maintain my gratitude high

counting down the days until college football returns and appreciating many other early signs of autumn

that always make me smile.

Harper was also smiling

at the thought of autumn and the early return of Snoopy

while thrilled to be out on the trails.