I've always loved looking at clouds, even as a child. When we moved to New England I appreciated clouds even more. Were they different or more beautiful? No, I think it was me, especially the preschool teacher in me. I paid attention to what was 'there' outside, and I always marveled with children at the discoveries we made, together. We found bugs in tree bark. We opened dead marigolds to uncover their seeds.
We looked at clouds, watching as they grew into thunderstorms, and delighting in finding animal shapes.
Fast forward twenty years. Hubby and I moved into a smaller home, same town. Suddenly we had a big, open sky in our backyard. We spent evening after evening with our heads up, marveling like we were children. Hubby was a fighter jet guy in the Navy, so he knew far more about clouds and weather than the guys on TV. He would tell me about the clouds and what was happening during our evenings.
This week we looked up, and there was something that brought us back to our first cloud watchings twenty years ago. I can't put a finger on it, but we both 'saw it' at the same time. What a great flashback!

The sky was never-ending in the bluest of blues. Clouds had a backdrop to 'show off'. A full circumference intensified the marvel.
Children are like clouds; a bright spot with imagination, and ever-changing.
I think about the Renaissance artists who painted the sky and clouds. I think about the musicians who wrote songs and sang about clouds. I have a soft spot and a passion for The Temptations.
Look up, 'cause you never know what wonder may appear.
Jennie
No comments:
Post a Comment