Blog #100 out of 100 in 2021

This is it! Blog 100 out of 100 in 2021! I honestly didn't think I would have 100 things to talk about during the year, but it has been so exciting learning what things have really been on my mind and heart for the past 12 months.

So, with this being the last day of the year, I've decided to go ahead and set my goals for next year. Having 3 large goals in 2021 felt pretty good. So, I believe I'll set 3 more.

Goal #1 - Devotionals

This is one goal that I'm not changing a bit from the last year. In 2022 I want to complete 365 devotionals again. The most important aspect of my life is my faith. If I'm not setting goals to grow my faith, all other goals are pointless. None of my goals will be blessed or completed at the best of my ability if I don't put Christ in the center.

Goal #2 - Freedom in Blogging

In the next 12 months, I want to have another blogging goal. Last year, I blog 100 times and spent my time answering my many questions in life. This year I want to blog 24 times. Just twice a month. If I blog more than that, great! But 24 is all I'm holding myself accountable to post. I also want to allow myself the freedom to blog any style, and feeling and any time I wish. No more questions. No more black and white images. No more expectations for what will happen in the next post. Just me being open.

Goal #3 - My Health

Yes, I am setting the 3rd goal again about my weight, and surprise surprise, I'm keeping the goal exactly as I had it last year. I want to hit December 31st, 2022 one hundred pounds lighter than my highest weight. This will mean that I have to lose 79 pounds in one year. That's just a little over 1.5 pounds a week. This goal is important to me for a few reasons:

  • Its a doable goal. Health experts recommend losing 1-2 pounds a week as a healthy loss rate.
  • I'm getting older and losing weight will help me feel better. I have a very manual job as a Licensed Massage Therapist. Every extra pound I have on my body, is joint pain and discomfort in my body that keeps me from doing things to the best of my ability.
  • I always put self care last on my priority list. It was easy to bust out 100 blogs in a year. I knew others were expecting the blogs. 365 devotions came easily as well. This helped me with my relationship with God and how I share my faith with others. Weight loss, though? I am for the most part the only person affected if I do or don't lose weight. I never prioritize myself. I always think I have to put myself last. I preach to my massage clients about the importance of valuing yourself and putting self-care first! How can I expect them to listen to me if I can't enforce this in my own life.
  • Lastly, this will be my last year in my 30's. My birthday is January 1st. I've watched too many years pass me by wishing I could have stuck to my health plan. I started this yo yo in my early 20's. That's almost 2 decades I've allowed to slide by without truly taking care of me. I don't want to see a single day in my 40's where I am not at my healthiest.

Please pray for me and send me good vibes and energy on this journey! I am worth the effort!


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more