Century Center - Honolulu, Hawaii

Century Center - Honolulu, Hawaii

We did a lot more walking this time in Hawaii. Instead of taking a bus from Waikiki to the big Ala Moana shopping mall. Surprisingly, the map application revealed a closer distance than expected -- a very walkable 1 1/2 miles -- especially in the pleasant Hawaiian climate. This gave me a chance to take pictures.

I've always appreciated this building standing near the gateway to Waikiki. It's modern and minimalist without being boring. While I always assumed it was an office building, research revealed it was a condo in disguise. It lacked any of the tell-tell signs of a residential structure, such as balconies.

Real estate photos revealed a less glamorous interior. It looked dated with low ceilings and modest kitchens. At least it stands proud, contrasting, with the ubiquitous palms. I'm drawn to modern architecture and palms -- they both look so graphical.

I have a free monthly newsletter that's perfect for busy people. Signup for the Newsletter to get the best of my posts, old and new, plus additional content not available anywhere else.

atmtx | November 30, 2021 at 11:14 pm | Tags: Architecture, Fujifilm, Fujifilm 15-45mm f3.5-5.6, Fujifilm X-E3, Hawaii, Honolulu | Categories: Urban | URL: https://wp.me/pZZhp-6Mh
Comment        Like