A word prompt to get your creativity flowing this weekend.  How you use the prompt is up to you.  Write a piece of flash fiction, a poem, a chapter for your novel…anything you like.  Or take the challenge below – there are no prizes – it's not a competition but rather a fun writing exercise.  If you want to share what you come up with, please leave a link to it in the comments.  I so love when Sammi chooses a word I have to look up. How could I resist?  I couldn't.

 

wk 233 vellichor

That Je Ne Sais Quoi

 

"The Book Nook"

Senses stimulated

Eyes see shelves and piles of books

Ears hear soft classical in the background

Fingers touch soft, used leather

Nose takes in that scent of musty

Together they make up a feeling

John Koenig calls it vellichor

Strange wistfulness

Sounds right to me