Hi, Dear Friends.

Welcome to November's News Letter

Here we are again November has arrived. Autumn is in full stride.

October weather-wise was quite a good mix; however, the last week or so of the month has been unusually wet and mild.

It has been a month of sunshine, rain, misty mornings and the ever increasing loss of daylight and some rather chilly nights. How quickly the months seem to fly.

The landscape sleeps in mist from morn till noon;
And, if the sun looks through, 'tis with a face
Beamless and pale and round, as if the moon,
When done the journey of her nightly race,

Had found him sleeping, and supplied his place.

John Clare, ('The Shepherd's Calendar: November')

The eleventh month of the year continues to be a challenging one for all at home and across the world in so many ways. 

The ongoing pandemic continues to teach one to value life and freedom.

My little garden now has lost its autumn robes and is preparing itself for wintry ways.

Daylight is ever shortening and there is a definite chilled nip in the air.

Much time has been spent tidying up, turning over the soil and planting new roses for next summer.

All the flowers have now all but withered away and the soil is covered in fallen leaves. 

Winter is definitely beginning to make a stand. The trees are busy shedding their leaves. Hedgerows are busy with the birds eagerly feeding on the glut of scarlet berries set before them.

There is definitely a different and a much chillier hymn being sung.

Here, November is the last full month of Autumn. Sitting square in between October and December, November is the eleventh month of the Gregorian calendar.

As October melts into November the weather is getting to be a bit more intense.

The star sign for everyone born in November is either Scorpio or Sagittarius. Scorpios are born between 23 October to 21 November and Sagittarius between 22 November and to December 21.

Scorpio is the eighth astrological sign in the Zodiac. The birthstones for Scorpions are ruby, garnet, topaz, obsidian, red coral and beryl.

Scorpions are known for being strong, mysterious, ambitious, resourceful, brave, passionate and a true friend.

Sagittarius is the ninth astrological sign in the Zodiac. The birthstones for Sagittarius are sapphire, amethyst, ruby, turquoise and topaz.

Sagittarians are known for being loyal, smart, assertive, and compassionate, talented, impeccable discernment and caring.

Happy Birthday Folks!

I would like to take this opportunity to continue to express a special note of appreciation to all of you who visit, follow and read my blog.

I also extend a very warm welcome to all new visitors, readers and followers.

To those many writers I follow an apology for not spending more time visiting and reading your valued blogs.

With a need to keep up to date with my gardening jobs, painting, going for walks, photography, reading and writing; each, in their turn, cut into the time available for blogging. My schedule is being constantly reviewed and amended.

For me reading and replying to all comments remains very important; as, does checking the numerous e-mails received. I set aside around about two hours each day to enable me to keep on top of this.

This amount of time really cuts into my time scheduling; so, to enable me to focus on my other many interests I continue to prioritise a maximum of ten e-mails each day to read and follow upThis strategy continues to free up more time for me.

I wish that I could read everyones posts. I am continuing to find, with my increased commitments, it ever more difficult to pay each of you regular visits; this is something that continues to bother me. I trust you all understand.

Over the last few months concerns have been raised regarding certain health issues that had become more concerning. I have had to have regular health checkups and continued to do so during October.

A point had been reached where I had to listen very carefully to what my body was telling me and act seriously upon it and all the medical evidence and advice.

Gym sessions had to be put on hold until the next review. So that was replaced with regular daily walks.

These issues raised the need for me to consider reducing the number of my daily posts by some 50%. I am still in the process of trying to decide which is the best way forwards.

All options were and remained on the table. No final decision had been made. All depended on the health reviews etc..

Latest Health Update

Having completed all medical tests and reviews I am pleased to report that all is well; and, I am back on the road again and in fine fettle - a little shaken but not stirred.

There remains just one more review for later in the year.

However, after the recent unexpected 'health hiccup' I am still committed to reducing the number of my daily posts.

I have spent some time, over the last few months, planning the rescheduling and the target now is by the end of the year / beginning of 2022.

I continue with my new venture of working on my first book of haiku poems.

Due to my cutting back, on behind the scenes activities, progress has been even slower this month; even though, I have continued writing, rewriting, drafting and redrafting the manuscript. It remains very much an on going project. 

I am still working on creating a cover design and I continue to trawl my archive of writings in an attempt to put the collection together.

Here are a few tasters.

I have decided to arrange the poems in no particular order or theme.

I am still trying to decide which will be the best way for me to publish.

I continue to be drawn to the idea of self publishing and releasing it as a download document or to publish it in instalments. This aspect remains very much up in the air.

Any advice would be truly appreciated.

Stay Well. Stay Safe. Stay Smiling.

Photos Attribution Goff James

Copyright (c) 2021 Goff James – All Rights Reserved 

Thank you for your visit

goffjamesart.wordpress.com

Art Music Photography Poetry Quotations