Today's post is a deviation from the books, reading and travel posts of late. (Stay tuned for a Harry Potter book club discussion coming up though)

This is a DIY post about how I made a Veggie Marketplace. What's so amazing about it that I felt the need to blog about this?

I made it in under five minutes from an empty Cheerios box.

It's not Instagram worthy or aesthetically pleasing- sure! But is did lead to loads of fun and sanity saving. And it held up to two days of play already despite the unruly, rambunctious hefting it's been subjected to. That's worth blogging for certain.

Without much ado, here's what I did.

Step 1: Roughly cut away empty Cheerios carton. The two ends make for two baskets.

Step2: Glue it together. The brown inner parts look so realistic.

Step 3: Next I taped old pages to the front. I was not very artistic or precise. I wanted minimum fuss and more of a working functioning basket that prompts creative play.

Step 4: Arrange the veggies.

This is what it finally looks like:

Now let your imagination go wild!

Shopping, restaurant inventory, you can make it anything you like. While the older kiddo showed a lot of thought and role play, the toddler is simply content to dump the veggies in and out, count (with varying degrees of inaccuracy😀) and randomly toss veggies with a few other toys in.

I also gave away the remaining Box remains - basically the flat sides left over to T to use as a menu. She was thrilled! She even cut a portion to make card paper money!

Best out of Waste! So cool.

I have to mention my best friend N for the inspiration. She makes beautiful objects of (coveted) art from seemingly random household stuff. Definitely check her blog over at: https://creativpedia.wordpress.com


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more